Due to demand we have now got Flex Passes for acting classes which allows you to drop into any program and never miss a beat! No more worries about committing to a specific timeline, come and go as you please.
Are you seriously considering pursuing acting as a career or hobby? If you answered YES, this is the program for you. You will learn about Standard American Dialect, Vocals and Acting. This 8 month course will teach you characterization, relationship building, scene development, identifying characters objectives, tactics and subtext. You will learn method acting techniques which you will add to your actor's toolkit which will enable you to breathe life into your characters.
The idea of an audition both excites you and terrifies you? This class is for everyone, new and experienced. Do you book auditions but not get the booking? This class will teach you what casting directors want to see: engaging, outstanding and memorable auditions.
Group Acting Classes in Calgary:
Location: 333 17 Ave SW Lower Level Studio
Certificate upon successful completion!
1. Acting For Film Essentials (Actors and Models)(Ages 18 and up) $420
(payment plans available )
5 weeks evenings 6:30-9:30pm
Aug 8/19-Sept 5/19 SOLD OUT
Sept 26/19-October 24/19
Nov 7/19-Dec 5/19
January 9/20-February 6/20
February 27/20-March 25/20
** This acting course introduces the student to monologues, slating, character development, identity development, relationship development and sense memory. The student is guided through the process of picking their monologue, scoring it and putting truth into it in the process of bringing it to life. You will have a blast taking this course and at the same time make new friends and learn the art of breathing life into your character, relationships and scene. We focus primarily on taking your script scoring into your performance so your audience can clearly see your tactics, objectives and emotions in your performance. Rehearsal and study is required outside class time.
* Our students work with the GREEN SCREEN and Camera
2. Scene Study Essentials(Ages 16 and up) $315 (6 weeks)
September 8/19-October 13/19 9am -11am ()full
October 6/19-November 17/19 Time: 4:15pm-6:15pm
Students learn through doing partnered scene work. They will learn character development, scene development, improvisation and scoring. The students will work to demonstrate truthful acting through a series of techniques. Some outside rehearsal is required.
3. Improvisation For Actors and Fun (Ages 18 and up) $299 Levels 1-6
(DROP INS AVAILABLE: Please Inquire) We will consider mature youth to enter this program.
Friday's hours 6:30-9:30pm
September 27/19-November 1/19 (No Class October 11/19)
We offer 6 Comedic Improv Levels: After Level 1 then there is an intermediate level and conservatory program
Level 1 Ensemble, Trust and Play
Level 2 Sense Memory and Scene Work
Level 3 Scene Work Intermediate
Level 4 Sense Memory and Character Work
Level 5 Character Development Intermediate
Level 6 Performance 15 minute
WARNING: Be prepared for gut wrenching belly laughs in a great learning environment filled with like minded people. Our programs may combine all levels and help you grow at your pace)
1. Beginner Level 1 works with Ensemble Building and Play: working with "Yes, and..." as well as learning the basic rules and setting a foundation on which to grow upon. Focus will be on building an ensemble within the group through improvisation games, which will improve focus, concentration, comfort in social settings and improving confidence.
2. Beginner level 2 works with Basic Scene Work: students will learn to use truthful emotion, how to listen to understand, rather than listening to respond, as well as to continue to hone skills from level 1. Students will also begin their self exploration through identity work which includes knowing themselves through physical, social, psychological and emotional aspects. Students will explore their 5 senses to activate them to their true potential, as we tend to do a lot of activities in a mechanical routine.
3. Beginner Level 3 works with Identity and Character Work. Students will develop a solid foundation of their Identity and explore it through 5 factors which are social, physical, psychological, moral and emotional work. This will closely tie into learning how to create a character from ground up utilizing character point of view, character emotions and building character backstories to include truthful emotions. Students will also explore physical actions and emotional reactions.
4. Beginner Level 4 works with Character Work: students will go into character building focusing on psychological, social, moral and emotional aspect, paying attention to character's physical movements and traits. As well, students will work on basics of creating character relationships. These relationships will be built through past and current experiences. Truthful feelings will be put into these relationships.
5. Beginner Level 5 Advanced Scene Work with Character Development Performance.
6. Beginner Level 6 Performance 20 minute performance and 3 minute monologue. Performance: Students will take everything they have learned in the 4 first levels to put together a play, under the teacher's direction.
4. Shakespeare Technique $550 (6 weeks) Saturday's 2:45pm-5:45pm(18 hours)
October 5/19-November 16/19
This program helps students to understand and speak heightened language so that an audience will listen, enjoy and appreciate one's performance. Students learn how to listen and respond to each other in partnered scene work. language so that an audience will listen, enjoy and appreciate one's performance.
5. Auditioning Technique $450 (6 weeks). Saturday's 6pm-8:30pm
October 12/19- No Classes on long weekends
This class is geared to assist you with perfecting your auditioning style. If you only take one class, this is a MUST have for actors. Each week you will be given a new selection of scenes to shoot and share with the group. You will get immediate feedback and will work on camera and have playback feedback on a tv. You will be working with different techniques and strategies. Students work with different genres. All levels welcome. Ongoing registration(join anytime).
6. Triple Threat Program : ACTORS
(Ages 18 and up) we offer beginner Triple Threat and a Master Program, inquire for more details. We may accept mature 16 and 17 year olds. NOTE: THIS class ranges in ages from 18-60.
November, 2019 Start(evening Program)
March 2020(Evening Program or Weekends)
APPLY TO BE PART OF THIS TRIPLE THREAT PROGRAM.
What you will learn:
Through a combination of teachings, Uta Hagen and Stanislavski techniques we will explore method acting in great detail. We will cover essentials including concentration, breathing, relaxation, character and scene development, identity, scoring, sense memory, emotional recall, three entrances and substitution. This program also includes mindful meditation and improvisation. You will also study introduction to dialect and vocal. These techniques will then be used in object exercises, monologue's and scene work.
This course requires outside study. Prerequisite: Acting For Film Essentials
WARNING: Be prepared for an amazing learning curve, loads of fun and working with like minded individuals, many of whom will become like family... if you don't like family, maybe this is not the class for you.
7. Fall and Winter Kids and Teens Acting Classes
8 Week Course $420
Sunday's 11:00am-12:15pm Ages 4-9
Sunday's 12:30-2:15pm Ages 8-14
This course has many benefits for your child which include: strengthening self confidence, establishing excellent speaking skills, engaging with others, listening kills and improvisation. They will learn how to express their feelings within a circle of trust. Work with monologues and scene work, using the green screen and camera.
8. Improv To Relieve and Manage Anxiety and Depression
8 Week Course $420.00
Registration is Ongoing. We take new students always.
This program is designed to help people with anxiety and depression. Through a series of ensemble building games, you learn many tools to assist you with managing and improving anxiety and depression. We take things very slow to ensure you are comfortable. This program has assisted hundreds of people just like you. You will learn to let go of fears and being judges through a positive learning environment whee we accept and appreciate our failures. This program works with the "Yes, and...." technique.
9. MASTER'S ACTING PROGRAM: Must apply. Please call for details. Programs starting July 31/19 on Wednesdays 6pm to 10pm and September 29/19 on Sunday evenings 6pm-10pm.
10. One-on-One Private Coaching
Available by appointment only.
$90/hour (This rate applies when a package of 4 is purchased)
$140/hour (This rate applies when less than 4 are purchased)
Please note, to be successful in any of our programs, mandatory attendance is 90%, unless otherwise approved by your instructor
Refund Policy: Deposit required at time of enrollment and payment plans are available. Should a class go on sale, after you have purchased, we do not offer refunds on the difference, as not all sales are planned, except our Boxing Week Sale. All payments made are final. No refunds on payments. Exchange Only for the same or lesser amount. All classes are EXCHANGE ONLY for the period of 1 year from date of purchase. We reserve the right to change class dates or cancel a specific class due to insufficient enrollment and/or emergencies.
All classes take place at our downtown studio on 17th Avenue, unless otherwise notified.
Register for this great 5 week program and develop
Register for Improv here and send us a message of when you can start.
Check out this great video
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, events and acting and modelling opportunities.
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours with an appointment.
5940 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary, Alberta T2H, Canada